Welcome to our Blog

We're glad you checked into our Blog. Our team is very excited about our trip and we hope you continue to follow our blog and share your thoughts and encouragement with us. Meet our team:
Joe (leader), Mary (boss), Bill, Kathy, John, Bill, Denise, Fern, Heather, Julia, Lisa, Rob, Carol, Tom
We will be working right outside of Port-au-Prince. The school at Rue-Frere in Petionville. This school is operated by Pastor Sannon and his wife. The couple does not have the financial resources to operate the school - never mind the resources required to repair the damage left by the earthquake and subsequent termite infestation. This faithful couple is struggling to make ends meet and is unwilling to turn children away.

There is vast unmet need in Haiti. Hunger, disease, and political unrest continue to be the norm. We hope to bring just a small amount of relief, hope, and love into the lives of those we meet.

Children of Haiti

Children of Haiti

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Team Member Comments

Hello Friends:


I thought you might like to hear from a few of our team members.  I asked each of them for a line or two describing their thoughts on our upcoming trip.  Their comments are below.

Pastor Rob:  "God is Good! So excited about going to Haiti. Can’t wait to see what God will do in spite of our short comings. To Him be the glory!"

John:  " I am going with an open heart and mind to see what God has planned for me this time.  Hoping to be able to help get the church back to a safe environment (structurally sound and new roof) for the kids to start using it again for school.  Maybe my construction skills will be used or maybe HE has something totally different coming my way.  Whatever it is, I look forward to being able to serve and being part of this Work and Witness trip."

Heather:  "I think summing up why I'm going to Haiti i one sentence is an impossible assignment!  That being said, I've done my best.  It's a quote...not my own sentence.  It's from The Inner Voice of Love by Henri Nouwen. 
The sentence before (also important)..."But God has called you to speak the Word to the world and to speak it fearlessly."
And then the one that sums up my feelings right now..."While acknowledging your woundedness, do not let go of the Truth that lives in you and demands to be spoken.""

Carol: "I am looking forward to see how God will use me on the trip! How can I show God's love to others? We have a great group going together."

No comments:

Post a Comment